NOTICE: Packard Bell's current Video Card driver release resolves driver conflicts, improves your computer's stability and restores communication with all Video Cards. The newly released Video Card drivers are a high priority update recommended for all Packard Bell users.
|Description||Version||Estimated Download Time|
|Download DriverTool - Packard Bell Driver Installer
(Includes, WHQL certified drivers)
|Current as of
(Aug 29 2015)
512K: < 1m
- Click above Download link or Click here to begin installer download.
- Click "Run" ("Save As") if using Firefox
- Click "Run" Again
- Follow on-screen prompts to complete installation.
Important: If you are using Firefox or Netscape as your browser, you will be directed to save the application "to disk" (we recommend that you save the application to your desktop).
We recommend that you save it to your desktop and initiate the free scan using the desktop icon. Should you choose not to save the application, you may simply initiate the free scan by clicking the "Run" button on the File Download Window.
You can also search for a specific driver below:
Locating updated drivers is easy!
Issue: Corrupt Screen after Windows loads
Update System BIOS
Update Bus Master Drivers
Download the latest AGP Drivers
Update System Drivers
Issue: System locks when Windows loads
- Ensure BIOS settings are correctly. Try enabling/disabling these as indicated (some options may not be available on your system BIOS – refer to the system manual for more information).
Video Bios Shadow
Video Bios Cacheable
System Bios Cacheable
C8000 xxxxx Shadow **Try disabling these values**
Peer Concurrency PCI Streaming
Assign IRQ To VGA **Must be enabled**
VGA Palette Snoop **This must be disabled**
Reset Config Data
Power Management **Try disabling this**
Virus Checking **Try disabling this**
AGP Aperture set this to 64MB. If you have this much RAM or less, set it to half of the system RAM.
AGP Turbo **Try disabling this if there are problems with the card**
AGP Fast Writes **Try disabling this if there are problems with the card**
VGA boot from **Set to AGP instead of PCI**
- Make sure that there are no other graphics cards or onboard graphics chips in your system. If possible, boot up in Safe Mode and then remove and reinstall the Detonator drivers.
- Make sure that you have the latest motherboard drivers and BIOS. These can be obtained from your motherboard manufacturer.
- Make sure that the AGP slot conforms to the AGP 2.0 specification, especially in terms of power coming through the AGP slot. Check with your motherboard manufacturer.
- Disable sidebanding.
- Are you overclocking either the Graphics Card or CPU? If you are, try resetting them back to their normal value, if it fixes the problem, you may need more cooling in your system.
- Have you got an IRQ conflict with Graphics Card and another card in your system? The only device that can have the same IRQ is the 'IRQ Holder for PCI Steering'. If so, try assigning a different IRQ to that slot in the BIOS.
Issue: The display goes blank after starting a game or a 3D application.
Make sure that the monitor is capable of displaying the resolution and refresh rate that the game is currently configured.
In rare cases, this issue can be caused by poorly functioning, faulty or under powered power supply units in the computer. Make sure that the power supply meets the minimum requirements of the video card and computer.
Restart the computer in Safe mode and proceed to Device manager, expand the monitor section in the list, and remove the listed monitor(s) in this section. Restarting the computer will allow Windows to re-detect the monitor. Also try changing the desktop refresh rate.
Reinstall the monitor's specific INF driver or if the specific monitor INF driver for the monitor is not available, select "Plug and Play Monitor".
Other things to check:
- The latest Chipset driver from the motherboard or PC manufacturer.
- The latest BIOS revision from the motherboard or PC manufacturer.
- The operating system has the latest software updates.
- Different hardware configurations.
- “DXDiag” can help check to see if there are any issues associated with the video as well as other devices. Ensure that all three DirectX Features are enabled. Run the available tests to ensure that each of the three components passes.
- Test the system with a single memory module if multiples sticks are being used
- Disable/Remove ALL non-essential hardware i.e. sound card, network card, additional HDD etc.
Issue: After installing Windows Vista, an error in Device Manager for the display adapter may appear with the error code 43.
Cause: This error is caused by miscommunication between the motherboard chipset and the graphics card. This can be caused by using a motherboard that is incompatible or unsupported by Windows Vista. This issue can also be caused if the correct drivers are not installed for the motherboard after an OS upgrade from Windows XP.
If the system contains an AGP motherboard with an unsupported chipset for Vista, the AGP card will operate in PCI mode only. AMD's AGP adapters require correctly functioning AGP support from the operating system in order to run the WDDM driver under Vista. This WDDM driver has no way of working around the absence of AGP support.
Resolution: To resolve this issue, first, ensure that your motherboard and full system are Vista compatible. For this you can run the Driver Detective Vista Upgrade Wizard and also scan all your drivers to make sure they are current.
Other users have resolved this issue by updating their chipset drivers from the Device Manager. In the Device Manager, under the "System Devices" section, find the graphics controller (typically AGP to CPU controller or PCI Express Root Port), right click and choose update driver. Choose to connect to the internet or Windows Update to update the driver and continue through the update.
Issue: ATI graphics driver installation errors:
- Cli.exe - Application error - The application failed to initialize properly
- Cannot Install Drivers - Try Loading the Standard VGA Drivers First
- ATIMMC.EXE has encountered a problem and must close
- TV Wonder - "TV Player Failed to Initialize the Video
- DVD Decoder not detected, DVD Player will not be installed
"Cli.exe - Application error - The application failed to initialize properly"
If you are experiencing issues with the Catalyst Control Center starting up, or if you are receiving an error similar to "Cli.exe - Application error - The application failed to initialize properly ", please verify that you have installed the Microsoft .Net framework component prior to installing the Catalyst™ Control Center. If you have already installed the catalyst™ Control Center prior to installing the .Net framework, please go into the control panel, select add/remove programs, remove only the Catalyst™ Control Center (reboot the computer if prompted), install the .Net framework and then re-install the Catalyst™ Control Center without any Anti-virus or background applications running. A link to the Microsoft .Net framework component for Windows XP can be found here.
Cannot Install Drivers - "Try Loading the Standard VGA Drivers First"
In most cases, this issue can be resolved by first installing the relevant updated chipset drivers for your motherboard (please refer to the motherboard manual or contact the systems integrator) and then follow the manual installation process.
"This display driver is not compatible" or "Severe! INF Error. Video Driver not found" error installing ATI Enhanced display drivers. Click here to scan your pc and find the correct driver for your video card.
TV Wonder - "TV Player Failed to Initialize the Video"
This error can occur when there is a problem with the TV Wonder WDM drivers in the Windows Device Manager. Check in the Device Manager, under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, and please ensure that the ATI WDM drivers are loaded and are free of issues. Also check the ATI Multimedia Center Configuration from the All Programs menu and on the TV tab; make sure that the ATI device is listed as your default capture source. For more troubleshooting steps for this error message, please refer to the following Knowledge Base articles below.
- 737-460: "TV Player failed to initialize the video", General (Video Overlay)
- Troubleshooting "TV Player Failed to Initialize the Video" Error Message
- 737-723: "TV player failed to initialize the video" error, Windows 2000
- 737-22071: TV Player Failed to Initialize at resolutions above 2048x1536 for Radeon X1000 series and ATI tuner products
- 737-23212: ATI Multimedia Center 9.15: Encoder fails to install with third party graphics card
- 737-612 HDTV WONDER - Error starting TV: "TV Player Failed to initialize the video"
- 737-447 HDTV WONDER - DTV Player Failed to Initialize the Video error message
- 737-10151: ATI TV and FM Player does not start under Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
New Version Of Windows? No Problem!
Upgrade smoothly by finding the correct drivers for your video card for any version of windows. For the first time, users can upgrade with confidence knowing that their computer will run smoothly thanks to the latest drivers and updates required for a perfect upgrade.
Why Updating Drivers Is Important
Usually the only reason we look to install or update video card drivers is because something is malfunctioning. This is not the only reason you should keep your drivers up to date however. Packard Bell is constantly tuning and improving performance of their video cards and the only way to make use of this is by having the latest drivers. Going online and checking for new drivers all the time can be frustrating and is not an effective use of your time, and a simple tool like the driver installer above can keep all of your hardware running on the optimal drivers with top performance.
Sometimes when new hardware is installed, although it works correctly, other hardware which interacts with it may not be, because the other hardware actually needs its own drivers updated. This kind of co-dependency is another common problem and a reason why it's a great idea to have a tool that is constantly monitoring the state of all of your drivers and updating appropriately so you can upgrade and add or remove components in your computer while continuing to run without a hitch.
When your video card is relatively new, it may be possible to download individual drivers directly from Packard Bell without incurring additional charges. If you are having problems locating the correct drivers for your video card, or are unsure of the exact model, we suggest you run a system scan first. It's very important you know the exact model of your Packard Bell video card you would like to update to ensure that it will function properly and to prevent possible damage to your system. Download an installer that will automatically scan and identify your Packard Bell video card to make sure you are installing the correct update and will also locate and download any additional driver and bios updates your pc may need.
Install the latest Packard Bell Video Card driver updates.
- Automatically Updates Packard Bell Video Card drivers and all other missing or out of date drivers using advanced scan technology.
- Instant access to unlimited device drivers.
- Starightfoward and intuitive interface
- Better PC performance and improved stability
- Access to the largest drivers database in the industry
- Continous updates for the latest manufacturer drivers
- Unlimited technical supports with our 24x7 technicians